Preston Hedges Trust is an award-winning Northamptonshire based Trust. We offer the region’s very best learning environments, opportunities and experiences, to staff and pupils in five primary schools located in Northamptonshire and Milton Keynes.
This is an exciting time for the Trust. To further our mission of delivering exceptional educational experiences and outcomes we have created capacity to welcome new primaries with a strategic fit into our school community. We aim to grow from five to ten primary schools by 2026; to share our award-winning practice and provide more children locally with the experiences and opportunities that all Preston Hedges Trust children enjoy today.
Led by our COO, the central function is undergoing a transformation, looking at opportunities to enhance the educational offer and add value to the Trust and school. We are therefore looking to recruit two Finance Business Partners to work alongside our schools supporting with the day to day operational finance activity in the schools.
PHT Brochure B5_2023 V5
About the role
The Finance Business Partner works as part of the Trust Finance Team to provide comprehensive, high quality financial support and information to Principals throughout the annual cycle, including budget setting, monthly management accounts, quarterly forecasts, and financial year end.
The Finance Business Partner will have effective responsibility for the following:
- Input journals for actuals, accruals and prepayments each month and ensure actuals and commitments logged within the system are accurate and coded correctly to trial balance
- Provide a comprehensive business partnering service to the schools Principals to support the delivery of the annual budget and the school’s and Trusts financial objectives and targets.
- Ensure all income and expenditure flows are understood and accurately accounted for, as well as ensuring that timely and accurate financial information is provided to all budget holders.
- Plan and prepare annual 3-5 year budget plans for the school’s, working in collaboration with the Principals and Senior Finance Officer.
- Prepare the monthly management accounts including preparation of Journals, accruals, and prepayments, payroll budget versus actuals
- Complete quarterly forecasts, including undertaking accurate and detailed monitoring and analysis for both income and expenditure, and ensuring that variances are highlighted and explained at an early stage, to enable appropriate action to be taken.
- Analyse the creditor, debtor and outstanding orders reports from the Finance Administrator and ensure regular review with the Principal to resolve issues
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
Preston Hedges Trust is committed to the principles of equal opportunity, diversity and inclusion. We aim to attract and retain the very best staff in all areas of the Trust, ensuring our staff body reflects the diversity of our students and local community.
All appointments are subject to successful Disclosure & Barring clearance and any other necessary safeguarding checks, satisfactory references and medical clearance. Please also be advised we will take up references prior to interview and that one referee must be your last employer. The school provides equal opportunities to all.